[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Insurrection

Insurrection

Re: Insurrection

Postby dexeron » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:56 pm

https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Phantomgrift » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:18 pm

Do you ever listen to yourself and realize how pretentious you sound?

There is a trend here. Anything I place forth will be dismissed. Your attempt to belittle me with happy nonsense like your last line is a solid indicator of this. I know Rip likes to pretend that we're all the same online as much as we are in real life, but it's speculative nonsense on his part. You're happily belting out with an "all caps" declaration that if I have to be taken seriously, I have to blah, blah, blah.... Based entirely on your perception.

At this point, you have dismissed the notion of my job and all it implores. Stupidity does not last very long in the Intel community, civilian jokes aside. However, it's far easier for you to hammer out an online ultimatum by way of, I dunno, making yourself feel more important?

To answer your nonsense?
Per my nature and the nature of my job, I automatically call into question most basic media sources because there is no unbiased reporting left anymore. Even more so when things can be taken as hand-picked by individuals from the internet to support or bolster whatever they already feel inclined to.

You're also inclined to blow me off because you demand "proof" for everything, a classic aspect of the internet. Hell, at this point, if I told you my full name, you'd demand a copy of my birth certificate to prove it. And per the nature of my job, claiming that what I do know is "classified" is dismissed by you as an attempt on my part to cop out. You have a set notion of how things on the internet should be, and you dont respond well to anything outside of that.

You dismiss my statements because I don't have a college degree.... Despite the fact that I have eleven years of immersed training, certification and qualification within a very specific and specialized field of the military. This is something you dismiss because it's not a "college degree".

And yet again, here you are, trying to play the "noble" persona, offering gentle advice. Please, do get over yourself.
Even at this point, you’re trying to blame me for something I never mentioned. At this point, I wasn’t “complaining for not being taken seriously”… I was mocking you for being a pretentious git that can’t realize how pompous you are. But you turn it around and reach down your hand from high in an attempt to lift me up to your lofty realm. It’s amusing.

What I know about the use of drones and strike targeting could fill a good sized book. The majority of what I know about these topics, with no bravado involved, is classified. It’s not a way of trying to claim I’m special, or that I’m unique, it’s simply a fact. Most of what I know is truly classified. It’s the nature of my job… And unlike Despies heroes like Snowden or Manning, I’m actually inclined to hold to what I signed up to.

For the sake of the “conversation”…. Start tracking down the full aspects of the article that Salon.com ran.
Find better or more reasonable proof that it’s more fact than fluff, and I might be tempted to engage you in actual conversation. See, unlike you, I like to research shit on my own, and not just take stuff at base face value.
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Phantomgrift » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:20 pm

Or demand that others change my mind for me...
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Despanan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:24 pm

Last edited by Despanan on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby dexeron » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:25 pm

dexeron
On the internet

Postby Despanan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:27 pm

You guys should bring Leon back. Phant has fallen into the Leon power-vacuum. Maybe he'll stop pooping on the floor if Leon bumps him back out.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Phantomgrift » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:42 pm

That interview is retarded, and highlights a fundamental flaw of elitist thinking put out by your average moron.

"Durr, I don't vote because the system is broken and *insert self-important bullshit here*."

If enough people wanted to make a difference, rather than cough out lines like "I have a lot on my plate", they could actually devote some of that energy to grass-roots campaigning in their own area. That’s how most political movements start. Then you are actively working towards creating a new party to garner votes for, and not just farting out lame responses about why you don’t vote because you’re to busy.

Dex:
You're a fucking idiot.
You just did what I highlighted you've done in the past, which is to dismiss whatever I post based on your own judgement. And the one that interests me the most is I don't even think you're aware that you're doing it.

You attempted to highlight your post with an all-caps insult insinuating that I'm not taken seriously. This at base face value dismisses everything I do on a routine basis in the context of my day to day life and the aspects of my job. It doesn't matter to you, you just want to justify yourself in your perception of me.

The only "contention" that you asked for was a sarcastic request to "justify" specifics related to an article on drone usage.
I countered by asking for your "justification" that the article wasn't simply another piece of anti-government/anti-military claptrap that seems so common in this day and age.

So here we are again.
And of course, to seal the deal, you have to somehow claim it's me falling back into the "status quo" of not being taken seriously. You are so amazingly wrapped up in your perception of yourself that it's amazing how you can relate to anyone with views differing from your own. Hell, at this point, I'm surprised you got into a relationship.

Of course, you also stuck the "Ur just ah gonna reply with "NO U"" on as a way of handwaving anything from your own posts and placing it directly on me.

Desp, are you sure you want to start the "carpet pooping" thing? It just shows that you enjoy mutual back-patting with Dex that I've already stated is all anyone does in here anymore.... Hence why it's pointless to remotely try to change things.

Granted, considering members of OWS were shitting on Police cars, maybe you just have a thing for mentally picturing people pooping as well. Dex is most likely due to age and fetish... Is yours from a by-product of the "counter-culture" hippie movement stylings you associate with?
Last edited by Phantomgrift on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiter... Waiter?

Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby dexeron » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:44 pm

Hey Phant, your projection is showing.
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Phantomgrift » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:48 pm

Waiter... Waiter?

Phantomgrift
Despanan

Postby Despanan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:51 pm

Yes, because voting is the ONLY way to make political change, and you HAVE to play the game the way the system wants you to.

Because Republican Democracy is the totality of politics, just like Capitalism is the totality of economics.

One could say we're all totalitarians about this shit.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion