[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - So, I'm a Buddhist now.

So, I'm a Buddhist now.

Re: So, I'm a Buddhist now.

Postby Rip » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:19 pm

why are you insisting that happiness is all around us but that we can't have true happiness without it being something your new religion has defined as a separate super secret special happiness?! why doesn't this sound like a cult to you?! why are you only open to buddhist ideas being sources of potentially greater happiness now, doesn't this negate the potential of every single other thought process?! how is that even you know what

no

never mind

seriously

I really

REALLY

don't care

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Agent » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:29 pm

Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:51 pm

Are you guys just not reading what I'm writing?

You very well may be full happy, *right now*. There are various things that we draw happiness from: loved one's, sensory experience, personal accomplishments, etc.

What I'm saying is there are multiple wells with which to fill your happiness "cup" - however many of them, no matter how deep they are will run dry *eventually* because that's how the universe functions. That's the law of entropy.

So the idea is to find a well inside yourself that never runs out, and can't be destroyed or lost.

So you aren't "more happy" you're happy more often and more consistently because you can always fill your cup from that well, when some of the others run dry.

Make sense?
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:12 pm

Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Last edited by Despanan on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:25 pm

Last edited by Despanan on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:35 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:55 pm

There is a subtle bigotry in what you are doing Desp but I am having trouble putting it into words. One of those little unintentional things.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:18 pm

I have absolutely no idea where you're getting that from. I'm honestly kind of beside myself at how thoroughly you guys continue to misread and ignore everything I'm saying.

RIP: YOU SAID MY HAPPINESS IS NOT REAL

Me: No, your happiness is real, all happiness is real.

RIP: YOU'RE GOING TO SAY THAT MY HAPPINESS IS REAL, THAT'S BULLSHIT BUT LET'S SKIP THAT.

Me: Wait, why should we skip that? Why is that bullshit?

RIP: FUCK YOU FOR TELLING ME MY HAPPINESS IS NOT REAL.

It's rather frustrating.

That said, I may be making an error. Let me know if you're able to put it into words and I'll consider it.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Agent » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:22 pm

I think you're making assumptions about people, their lives, and the way they think that are unfounded. I don't know if I will be able to figure out how to explain it. Like, way back when you said this:
Last edited by Agent on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Agent
Get out of here

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion