[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - So, I'm a Buddhist now.

So, I'm a Buddhist now.

Re: So, I'm a Buddhist now.

Postby Agent » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:30 pm

I have said some mean things about Desp's cult, but then I read the comments on an article about Star Citizen. Nevermind, you'll be fine, Desp.
Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:51 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Rip » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:53 pm

Okay. Now, I want you to read this response carefully, because I get the sense that you skipped over a few things in favor of addressing what you want to address, in effort to (again) preach. Please remember that I am writing this response after reading and digesting what you have said above and throughout, including and others from the same source.

I have been trying not to address the specifics of your faith, because I feel that this is granting attention to a distractor; your new religion is your own and it is not my place to attack it (actually it totally is, as you have been on the attack with it this entire time, so I guess I should instead replace "not my place" with "not my current interest"), especially when the focus of my discussion has been very simple and therefore very simply dodged when put forth for confrontation:

You are not looking for philosophical discussion. You are preaching. And you are preaching from a stance of animosity.

This, and solely this, is my issue with evangelism, and my issue with what you are doing, and with what I am trying to get you to admit/see in yourself. This is a conversation I never had with Steltek or his kind, perhaps because I was younger, perhaps because he was as much a dick as myself, perhaps because I respect you slightly more, whatever. Point being. You came in, called us all stupid, said you found The Answer, insisted you were NOT preaching, and then tried to claim the moral high ground over evangelical christianity.

Clearly, you don't see this in yourself. This betrays a shocking lack of self-awareness for a Buddhist, so I will attempt once again to explain it: I don't have any issues with your new cult. But it is not for me. You claim that your new cult is for everyone, everywhere, for all time, claiming that it is far more than merely a Human Idea, it is the One True Way. I disagreed, saying simply that no human idea will ever be The One True Way, because no single human has ever been working with 100% of the data. Even working with all of the data every human has ever collected, we would still not have all of the necessary data. So I reject the concept of a One True Way out of hand. It simply isn't possible.

Are there many other ways? Absofuckinglutely! Do they work for other people? Yes, a billion times yes! And, if there are "multiple bests", there can be no True Best, because all human beings are different and unique!

This is basic stuff; philosophy 101 really, and it's something that an evangelical cannot even come to the table on. An evangelical, like yourself, has no interest in learning about the Ways of others, because he has convinced himself he has already found the right one. What need does he have for a spoon when his knife works just fine? In fact, KNIVES FOR EVERYONE.

Again, there is nothing wrong with this mindset. It is when you apply these things to your surroundings, like me for instance, that you suffer consequences. If my position were truly "The essence of the message of Satanism is good for everyone. Satanism has the potential to work for 100% of all people, and if it doesn't work for someone, then they just weren't doing it the correct way. That wasn't 'real Satanism', that was something else. Satanism as a system is inherently perfect," then I HOPE you would see that for the insulting, arrogant, ridiculously false claim that it is.

I don't care about "hail-the-mystic-law-lotus-flower-voice", but I DO care about you telling me I don't know how to think. Buddhism is child's play, man. It's the first place every angsty middle-schooler goes for validity once he rejects Xtianity and realizes Wicca is dumb. I read all your Buddha bullshit over a decade and a half ago, and it didn't work for me, not because I "can't think skillfully", but because I moved the fuck on. I haven't seen anything in here from you that I didn't read/hear from some other pseudo-swami back in the early 00s, and it all feels like a thousand steps backward on my spiritual journey. If I'm rejecting a gold bar, stop smearing it with the diseased feces of arrogance and maybe we can find a nugget or two of wisdom that I've already heard and filed away under the big straining manila folder marked "Humanity's Esoteric Pipe-Dreams".

But again, that's not my point here. You can wax Eastern Philosophic all day long if you want to, it looks like Dex is more than willing to pick over the specifics of your new toy. But please, please, stop pretending you aren't here to preach. And stop being insulting about it when the rest of us don't agree with hailing the mystic law lotus flower voice, because you didn't stumble across The Only Human Being Who Ever Truly Understood It All, I swear to you.

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Agent » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:32 pm

Agent
Get out of here

Postby Despanan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:42 pm

Last edited by Despanan on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Despanan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:54 pm

God, Wicca is dumb though.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Samurai » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:54 am

"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Despanan » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Rip » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:44 pm

Rip
flanelForever

Postby dexeron » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:37 pm