[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - Hi Weirdos

Hi Weirdos

Hi Weirdos

Postby Zengus » Sat May 08, 2021 4:43 pm

Hey guys,

I got chewed up in New York pretty bad and just kinda... I dunno. I think I felt so miserable about where I was in life and how I viewed myself that I didn't want to be around people I liked and respected too much, because I didn't think I had much to bring to the discussion. So I posted less and less until something or other happened and I just sort of fell off the face of the Earth in general. I spent a few years getting myself back on track and into a better situation, and then I felt guilty for never reaching out or keeping in touch, and I told myself that it would just be too awkward to come back.

I was thinking about you all again today, and this time before I knew it I was searching to see if the forum still exists. I cannot describe how elated I was to find that it was still here, to find my old login still exists, to find I can still remember the password on the first try.

I can tell that things are pretty slow around here these days, but I'm hoping at least a few of you still drift through now and then to catch up and will see this. I just wanted to say that the community we built here was the first place I ever felt at home. That the memories of that have helped me get through some lonely times, and kept me from telling myself that there's no point in trying to make friends. I love you guys, you mean so much to me. I hope you are well.
Zengus
Muscle cook

Re: Hi Weirdos

Postby Inferno » Sat May 08, 2021 6:08 pm

Less than three
Inferno
cockBOB

Postby Nick » Sun May 09, 2021 3:16 pm

Smooch
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Sage » Sun May 09, 2021 3:25 pm

yo
Sage
Not a sock puppet

Postby Ventilator » Mon May 10, 2021 1:46 am

Yo, bro, whats up?

My number is still the same. Shoot me a text sometime!
Ventilator
Pretty cool

Postby Samurai » Tue May 11, 2021 6:20 pm

Hey, Zengus. Really good to see you, and glad to hear that things have improved for you in recent times -- particularly considering how crappy those times have generally been. I know what you mean about an online community getting you through a rough patch in life, as I experienced something similar myself thanks to the newsgroup (old school!) where I first met Dex and which ultimately led me to BOBland. :)

Being able to reach out to people and build connections is hugely valuable for most people's wellbeing, and I'm pleased that we all managed to help you do that in some small way. I strongly suspect you also helped others do the same, whether you realised it at the time or not, as I always found you one of the most friendly and approachable people on the boards. I'm glad you've also realised that you add value to the communities you're part of.

As for New York, it's an amazing place to visit when one has friends there, but it's a very big place to rattle around in for any length of time if you're there on your own. Well done for being Snake Plissken. ;)
"The sign of a matured samurai is calmness, not skill. A samurai should therefore be neither pompous nor arrogant." ~Tsukahara Bokuden
Samurai
Deserves better

Postby Esunasoul » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:29 pm

Hi Zengus.
Hi everyone.
Esunasoul

good vibes

Postby synkr0nized » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:35 pm

Hey, Zengus. Hope you are doing well, too! Thanks for sharing.
synkr0nized
Super sexy secret dreamboat

Postby Phantomgrift » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:49 pm

Keep on keeping on man.
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Return to General Discussion