[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
cbforever • View topic - I almost died

I almost died

I almost died

Postby Despanan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:22 pm

So, about a month ago I collapsed at a Karate Tournament. The issue being a bad interaction between some medicine I was taking for ADD and an anti-depressant combined with a high level activity (it was during a full contact sparring match) and a slight overdose of some over-the-counter painkillers.

Long story short, I spent nearly a week in the hospital, as a result of this perfect storm of medication and environmental factors - I was diagnosed with hypertension like I'm a fifty year old man or something, and before my hospitalization I was actually in Kidney failure. The weird thing was that the doctors and EMT's kept remarking on how fit I was. I guess it's possible to be fit but not healthy.

I suppose the takeaway is, we're all getting older. My main problem was the (relatively mild) use of adderall, combined with Welbutrin for depression, high blood pressure due to being overweight (I was 240Lbs when 220 or 200 would be my ideal weight.) and high stress coupled with years of mild heavy drinking (4-5 drinks a night. Not awful, considering my size but also not healthy).

I'm fine now. Kidneys and liver are functioning normally and blood pressure is back in the normal range - hopefully I can get off the hypertension medication after I meet with a cardiologist next month. If the heart condition was indeed brought on by alcohol consumption it should reverse itself pretty quickly, though I may never drink again...which I feel pretty okay with (I was getting bored of it anyway).

Anyway - I'm losing weight now and I'm never touching Adderall again, Jesus Christ don't ever take that shit. It's poison and the label does NOT include all the potential serious side-effects and risks, even at low doses.

Look after your health people.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Re: I almost died

Postby dexeron » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:23 pm

You should speak with your doctor about stopping the Adderal, just to make sure quitting doesn't have any issues in and of itself. But yeah, WebMD says those two can interact and need monitoring. Maybe there's an alternate medicine you can use instead of Adderal.

Either way, that's a lot of alcohol, so it's probably worth cutting down on that for your health in general. Drinking that much while taking prescription meds is never a good idea. And hey, cutting that out of your life will probably help with the weight concern.
https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Rip » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:54 pm

Rip
flanelForever

Postby Despanan » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:10 am

I think I may be older than you RIP (I'm 34). Pot is relatively mild compared to alcohol. Unfortunately I just don't like the high I get from it as much as booze, especially when I'm on Welbutrin.

Adderall is poison as far as I'm concerned. People think it's safe because doctors prescribe it, but I can tell you it's worse than most of the illegal drugs on the market today.

The 4-5 actually didn't give me a hangover. I haven't had one of those in years because man, they suck.

My worst period of depression coincided with my heaviest drinking and oddly enough also me at my most radical. It was 2012-2014. I calmed down after I got on Welbutrin, moved out of my basement apt. and became a Buddhist. Interestingly enough, I stopped chanting when I started adderall. I suppose the stimulant gave me the focus and peace of mind the meditation previously did, but it was "fake" things have gotten better since I started chanting again.

I'd say the three worst things in my life have been adderall, alcohol and stress.
Despanan
Phantomgrift

Postby Rip » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:28 pm

So, is anyone else dead yet?

Rip
flanelForever

Postby shadowmimiiru » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:28 am

shadowmimiiru
Tsundere

Postby Rip » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:28 pm

so, literally, nothing has changed at all

Rip
flanelForever

Postby shadowmimiiru » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:50 am

shadowmimiiru
Tsundere

Postby dexeron » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:37 am

https://linktr.ee/adddragon
I also run the 2nd best ClanBOB Discord at: https://discord.gg/Ks5cz6r
dexeron
On the internet

Postby Phantomgrift » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:52 am

"Almost" Dying is something you get used to after it happens often enough.

Call me when someone actually kicks it.
Waiter... Waiter?

Curses! When will I ever remember; Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift
Despanan

Next

Return to General Discussion